Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Maine Event

Our real vacation began in Maine. We extended our East Coast trip to honor our ONE YEAR anniversary and decided to visit some bed and breakfasts along the coast in Maine. Jake also used to work in Old Orchard Beach, ME as a reserve police officer, so it was also fun to see that piece of his life! Also, I apologize in advance for excessive use of exclamation marks; Maine was my favorite. 

Our first bed and breakfast in Old Orchard Beach, the Old Orchard Beach Inn. It was a little grandma-ish, but still charming. 

The room (see what I mean about grandma-ish?).



This was the main street area of the town, the center of all the hoopla. 

And of course there was an amusement park there as well. 


We rented a tandem bicycle and rode around the town before the night life started.  I loved it!

And then night life began... Jake won over 500 tickets! With all that hard work, he got a snap bracelet.  :)

Jake was so proud of his bounty.

The breakfast portion of the bed and breakfast...

We were ready to hit the beach!

We rode our tandem down to the beach for the day.

I was capturing the activity with my new camera from Gina. It's this super artsy thing that I still have to figure out...

The pier, beach, and lots of people on Memorial Day weekend.

Jake and I before he turned into a lobstah.

Jake and I took the tandem bike out to a nearby town and found a rocky ledge to explore.

Jake was looking for crabs.

This picture is the funniest of all because Jake is hiding. Do you see him?

And here is the second bed and breakfast in Ogunquit, ME.

We had a view of the ocean and a lighthouse from our bedroom!

I took a picture of the bathroom just because it was so funky. It certainly was eclectic!

 If you're looking for a great place to stay, it's the Rockmere Lodge in Ogunquit, ME.

We took a little walk along the coast to our dinner joint. Photo opp!

So beautiful!

Our future was walking behind us. Here's to 50 more years! :)

We definitely played some shuffleboard.

And Jake definitely won.

I also woke up at 4:00 am to see the sunrise. It was gorgeous!!!

I spent a little time of this gem of a bench reading and journaling. Ahh...

The little cream container reminded me of Gina, so I took a picture. Breakfast was delish!

Our last day in Maine. :(

We stopped to see a lighthouse before we left the state. 

The quintessential thing to do, right?

Everything was just so picturesque. 

All in all, Maine was LOVELY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment