Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marathon Update

The Utah marathon is cancelled for Jake and I. Not to completely blame our friends, but it's 100% their fault: one of our favorite couple friends are getting married on June 11, 2011, which is the exact day of the marathon, so we decided to search for another marathon around the same time-frame.

This is what we found:

We will be running in the Casper, Wyoming marathon on June 5, 2011.

  • Fresh mountain air, a laid-back town, and less of the big-race hoopla that followed my first marathon. 
  • The Oregon Trail ran through the city and we will get to run past areas that still have ruts in the ground from the wagons. 
  • They say to expect to see pronghorns, deer, and eagles all along the course! 
Beats Denver by far. I'm really expecting a great race (even though I've spotted a few uphill climbs that might lessen my optimism during the run).

No comments:

Post a Comment