Monday, February 28, 2011

Luxurious Keystone Adventure

Jake's company (SCCA Enterprises) is a wonderful place to work. It is also a wonderful place for someone's husband to work, because not only do they treat their employees well, but they include the spouses (lucky me!).

We spent the better part of this past week being wined and dined at Keystone Resort. It was the type of get-away that Jake and I would never pay for (pretty impractical), but I sure did soak it in while we were up there.

We got to stay at the base of the mountain and walk a mere few hundred feet to the gondola for three days of snowboarding, including some night riding and hitting fresh powder in the back bowles. We also were treated to fabulous dinners at high-end restaurants and lunches on the mountain (which charge the same as high-end restaurants, but serve food found at fast-food restaurants).

All in all, it was a lovely little adventure, but I think Jake is nervous that the bar was set too high for our future vacations. I hope he's not right. :)

And... no pictures. :( Jake and I both brought our cameras, but neither one had batteries and we didn't bring our camera chargers. Wa wa. Oh well. Here's what I could find in Google Images to supplement my own lack of pictures:

Beautiful night skiing at Keystone.

The powder in the South Bowl. We did a little hiking to get there and it was definitely worth it.

The Red Hawk Lodge. Beautiful and convenient setting.


We went to a polka-infested fondue night on the top of the mountain our last night there.
Thanks SCCA!

No comments:

Post a Comment