Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Domestication

It has happened. 

I have become domesticated. As my homemade spaghetti sauce is simmering, I am folding laundry and making plans for dinner tonight. I look around the little apartment and see touches of my journey into domestication: the homemade drapes, the hand-painted wall art, etc. Even more impressive to me is the fact that I am in the process of making my third quilt for a friend's upcoming baby shower. I kind of hate it every time, but I love creating the quilt and getting to the finished product... it's just the actual making of the quilt that I don't really enjoy.

What a funny little stage of life I'm in.

But of course I keep a good balance of young couple fun time, as well. :) Jake and I went out swing dancing on St. Patrick's Day... SO fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment