Saturday, February 19, 2011

Me Writing My Paper


This is me writing my paper tonight:

Open up Google home page. Check email.
Open up school webpage. Check email.
Open Facebook. Check updates.
Look at the news headlines for a while....


Oh ya. Paper. Ok, focus. Close internet. 

Open word document for paper.

Shoot. I need study music. Open Google home page. Open Pandora for music.
Check email. Check Facebook. Check blog site.




Dang it. Focus. Close internet. 

Pull up word document. Write a few sentences.

Don't like the Pandora song. Hit the down-thumb. Back to the paper.
Repeat several times. Change Pandora station. Repeat down-thumb scenario again.

*sigh*

Close Pandora. Open I-Tunes to my saved study music.


Back to the paper. Write a bit more.

Thirsty! Get a drink. And decide to add some ambiance. Light my coconut bay candle.



FOCUS. PAPER. UGH. 

Write a little more on the paper.

Get uncomfortable. Change into a sundress (it sounded comfortable). Realize sundress + winter = bad idea. Hence, get cold. Put on Jake's Snuggie.





Return to paper.... 

Ok, you get the idea.

Luckily, I can report that I have successfully focused on writing without taking a break for the past six minutes. Now back to the real writing that I should have been doing all night. Dang paper saga. Capstone thesis papers are no joke and they do not work well with me being antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment