Monday, April 11, 2011

A New Journey

I am embarking on a new journey. I sprained my back (who knew that was possible?) in February and have compounded the problem by continuing to train for my marathon and going snowboarding a lot. It will only heal if I rest, so rest I must. For six weeks, I will be journeying through my first sabbatical of not working out. Going six weeks without doing anything active may seem like a welcome idea to some people, but I have met the idea with great resistance. It has been a challenge for me emotionally to give up the start of the  ultimate frisbee season, finishing the end of the snowboarding season, and especially the marathon that I was training so hard for. I look forward to the lessons I will learn from this season and am thankful for a God who comforts me even in situations that seem a little ridiculous to be so distraught over.


This morning I was playing my guitar and singing and these words brought me so much comfort:


When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrow like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Though hast taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well, with my soul."

  1. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  2. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  3. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment