Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Chorus

Part of the fun of getting married is getting a whole new family with quirks to know and love. My new family, the Jones', largely live in Cleveland, OH. So... off we went to Ohio for Thanksgiving for another year of festivities.

A huge surprise I had last year was the fact that Jake's family sings a family prayer over dinner instead of speaking it. I was also surprised that they like to sing hymns after dinner including the Hallelujah Chorus. Not many families can pull of a four-part harmony acapella hymn, but the Jones' are a rare breed. This year, I came expecting the treat and will now share it for your enjoyment:




I love that Jake set the video up to capture the family in secret. I also love that the video captures his uncle tripping right in front of the camera. I also may or may not have had an extremely difficult time keeping a straight face during the singing. I have a long way to go to catch up to some of the more seasoned singers.

And I hope that you made it to the end of the video. If not, go back and watch the very last part, because it is the best. "1, 2.."

1 comment:

  1. ok. so hilarious. how is it so coordinated?! do they practice? and it was hilarious watching your face in the back ground. HAHA.. and did the uncle fall on purpose or on accident?! hahah... love the new fam.

    ReplyDelete