Friday, July 6, 2012

The Chair



Amidst the chaos of moving, I decided I needed to upholster a chair. I did some pretty intense Craigslist scouring and found this gem of a chair for free. Jake rose to hero status when I couldn't fit the chair in my car; I hid it in the bushes for him to retrieve later, which he did. Success!

In all it's beauty

My mom came over to help me out with my project in the midst of the Colorado heat wave. Temp's over 100 and no air conditioning make a perfect environment to head to the basement... with a fan... and some ice water. Right away, we started by taking the material off the chair. This "free chair" actually paid me to take it- I made $1.66 in change found in the cushions and also found a little pocket knife (the rest of the findings will be unmentioned...). 

Mid-Upholstry
I picked up some fabric at JoAnn's that I loved and decided to be creative with this process. My mom was AMAZING throughout the process and was so helpful. She came over 4 separate times! This chair took a lot of work, but turned out so great. Thanks, Mom! :)

Finished Product:
Striking a pose with our masterpiece
Now I just need to find another project to keep my mom busy. :) 

1 comment: