Friday, January 13, 2012

Notice the Links :)

This weekend, I am heading to a youth conference in Larkspur, Colorado with my organization, Friends First. I'm trying to psyche myself up and get in the mindset of teenagers:



I'm doing a workshop on nonverbal communication. I'll be starting off with this cute little video and then will be incorporating the roller coaster/toilet skit from when I was in youth group. For all those who don't know what that is, a few unsuspecting volunteers act out a roller coaster ride, while the audience thinks they are demonstrating their bathroom habits. Back in the day, it seriously brought the house down. We'll see how well it goes over.... (should I be nervous?!?) Add into the weekend and Amazing Race themed activity, and phenomenal guest speakers, and I think it should be a hit! I love my job.

Another bonus is Jake's company Christmas party tonight. His boss really goes all out and treats employees (and family!) to a high-end meal once a year as a thank you. So excited to try out Shanahan's, because Jake and I are not in the right income bracket to afford a meal there on our own. :)

Also, I just feel like I should mention the peculiar Zumba class I took last night. I truly loved when the only male in the room (at least 55) was shaking his hips and "bosum". Ole'!

No comments:

Post a Comment