Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fall Update

Because I have failed as a blogger (Hannah, don't think less of me!), I will now do a photo recap of the fall:


I took a trip out to Washington D.C. to welcome Gina home from Afghanistan and was able to go visit a close friend  who just had a baby and lives in Delaware. Her mom is so lovely and I got some great pictures of the grandmother/grandchild. :) So precious. 

I arrived after a long day of traveling (3 hour flight, 3 hour drive thanks to East Coast traffic). But it was so worth it. Allen James the fourth is just darling.  

The next day I went to Baltimore, Maryland to join my friend Karissa and Gina's dad John for a lovely welcome home celebration for Captain Gina Fasciani! 

There was the coolest welcome home hoopla for all the soldiers who arrived back in the States. A non-profit called Operation Welcome Home really makes sure that the soldiers get the celebratory welcoming that they deserve. It was seriously the coolest experience. There was so much American pride and honest thanksgiving there. I loved it!

Gina is home! 
Jake and I joined our newlywed friends Phil and Megan for a hike up to Conundrum Hot Springs near Aspen, CO. It was truly the most epitome-of-Colorado weekend I think I've had in a long time. So awesome!


Hiking out the next morning... We had such good weather for September!

For my birthday, Jake MADE me this jewelry "box"! He put so much detail into it. I could not love it more. There are little vintage touches all over, from the old doorknobs to the antique thread spools. The.best.gift.ever!!!!

It is perfect!!!


In November I traveled to Austin, TX for a business trip. I really don't love Texas (sorry Texans), but I LOVED Austin. We had a hotel right on the river. It was beautiful weather and was just a fun city. I highly recommend it. :)

The (in)famous bat bridge that hosts the worlds largest urban bat colony. You could smell the guano for miles. Literally. 

The original Batman. 

Jake and I at the Denver Zoo Lights awaiting Sam's PROPOSAL! We were there to take sneaky pictures...

And there they are: The future Mr. and Mrs. Murri! Weird. :)

I am SO excited for these two!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment