Monday, January 31, 2011

The Local Starbucks

Here's the thing... 

I like Starbucks. A lot. 

I especially love the local little Starbucks just around the corner.

  • It is the local hot spot for the elderly community nearby. I have yet to come in the mornings and not see the group in their usual corner location. It is so precious.
  • The hipster is unknown in these parts... and I don't miss it's presence. Local coffee shops are swarming with hipsters and it gets annoying.
  • It is also void of business meetings, which is a rarity in the Denver Tech Center area. I would rather avoid watching the awkward interactions between two people trying to get each other's money (business).
  • There are the friendliest barista's, with whom I have had some of the most random conversations. They brighten my day. 
  • There is a big nice window, where I am currently watching the snow fall. 
  • The location is quite obscure, so it truly only brings in the community locals, which I love.
  • I don't feel looked down upon that I don't have a Mac when I do my schoolwork here, because none of the old people even have laptops, so I am the hip one here.
  • The Pumpkin Spice Latte is the world's most delicious beverage, with many others' attempts at replicating it, but none of them prevail.

In a tribute, here's a picture from when I went to the first Starbucks on a trip to Seattle a few years ago:


So for all those Starbucks haters out there, suck it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you aren't too cool for starbucks. Love it. Can we hang out soon p.s.?

    Best line ever: "So for all those Starbucks haters out there, suck it."

    ReplyDelete